[Board] 4064 South Hudson Way

Steve Homer steve at purringtoncivil.com
Wed Oct 5 13:25:24 EDT 2022

CHNMD Board of Directors,

On Thursday September 29 at about 3:45pm, I received a phone call from Scott Cutting with Plumbline Services.  They were finishing a sanitary sewer service replacement at the referenced address.  Scott explained that there was some confusion with which sanitation district held jurisdiction and that is why he was calling at the end of the work.  He asked if I could come out to the address immediately to inspect the service line, but I was unable to do so as I was leaving work for the day.  I asked him to email me pictures and to install a WYE connection at the main.  He agreed.

Scott emailed me pictures a few minutes later, but I had already left the office for the day.  Upon opening the email on Friday, I noticed that Plumbline Services installed a TEE connection at the main in lieu of a WYE (see attached photos).

Overall, we are unhappy that Plumbline Services did not notify us for an inspection 48 hours prior to the work and that they used a TEE connection in lieu of a WYE.  The project is already backfilled & compacted.  We believe a TEE connection will still function adequately despite being outside of specifications.

Please let us know if you have any comments or require any action as a result of the work.

Kind Regards,

Steven Homer, P.E.
Purrington Civil, LLC
1299 Washington Avenue, Suite 280