[Board] Virtual Meeting options was(Quincy Farm Committee)

Keith Bierman khbkhb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 21:03:35 EDT 2020

My corporate overlords have recently selected M$Teams, which (as
configured) doesn't really allow for call ins (just team members and
there's a way to wedge in guests ... but that makes them essentially
members...which I think is a bad set up for our purposes.).

I have a "legacy" skype corporate account which probably still works (I'd
make sure before we announced it; but I'm pretty sure it's still live,
unlike our Team instance, it is "plumbed" to the phone system, so people
can just call in).

For large meetings, there exists some corporate Zoom hosting account, but I
don't have access to it as a host. https://zoom.us/pricing details the free
level ... other than a limit of 40min per meeting it would seem to suffice.
Alternatively it might make sense for us to authorize Darcy to spend the
$15/mo to buy us a host code.

Or if Marcus's firm has already purchased a host code and wouldn't mind us
using their "meeting room" that would be  great.

Google Hangouts are also a possibility, but the free tier looks a bit
suboptimal, and signing up for Gsuite just to get better hangouts seems
like the "long way round" to me.

I've long had a free uberconf account https://www.uberconference.com
It's been a very long time since I used it, but I just tested ... and it's
still live. I'd have to dig out the details, but I recall it being a solid
choice at the time. If paid is necessary/desirable it's $20/mo (but there's
an annual discount)

I'd rather not bug our outside counsel for such a mundane matter (unless
others think it wise), about whether we are on firmer grounds establishing
a permanent, BOD owned resource or if we're OK with free tier and/or
borrowed facility.

If we're OK with free, I'd be happy to host via uber or skype. If others
want to volunteer the services they've already signed up for, that's great
;>

Of course, I'm still stuck on the "do we *need* to have a meeting just to
sign the extension ... I believe the answer is no ... and thus is just
fodder for some future decision point (assuming that matters don't return
to normal quickly ;<).