[Board] FW: Cherry Hills North Metro District - Maintenance Recommendations

Marcus McAskin mmcaskin at wmcattorneys.com
Fri Aug 22 15:54:38 EDT 2014

Darcy:

Thank you for this information.  Based on my review of the memo, I recommend that we proceed as follows:

(1)    Instruct Purrington to engage DES or other subcontractor to proceed with the recommended root removal (rootsaw) at estimated cost of $879.20 (for the 1,099 LF recommended in the memo);

(2)    Ask Purrington/DES to confirm the addresses of the nine service lines that are showing significant root intrusion.  Proceed to have the District generate letters to these nine homeowners recommending that the homeowners have the service line maintenance performed on or before ___________ (pick a date about 90-120 days out) and asking the homeowners to email the District to confirm that the maintenance will be scheduled.  As offered, pls have Purrington prepare a draft of the letter to be placed on District letterhead.

(3)    Have Purrington/DES confirm which home (4000 S. Dahlia or 4001 Nassau Circle West) has the service line intruding into the sanitary main (between MH 2.1 and 2.2).  This should be a homeowner cost (and not District cost).

At the last meeting, we discussed increasing the amount of annual tax increase that we would ask the neighborhood to support.  Given that the Purrington report does not identify any major capital expenses, it may be wise to stick with our original proposal (to increase taxes by approx.. $20k/year, increasing mill levy by 2.000 mills), and then look at requesting additional funding in the 2018-2020 timeframe.

Would appreciate Board input on both the recommended maintenance and the 2014 ballot question.  Thanks all.

Regards,

Marcus