[Board] Followup on education:

Keith Bierman KHBKHB+METRODISTRICT at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 20 12:16:51 EDT 2014

Comments on the FAQ would be good:
http://chnorthmetro.us/draft-faq.html most notably if anyone can pick
a suitably similar district for the
comparison pie chart that would be great.

As discussed, I think our presentation(s) for the public meetings should
cover:

   1. Background (who we are, what we do, history)
   2. Finances, build the case for more $$ income.
   3. Alternatives:
      1. Raise taxes - fixed rate
         1. Pro: easy to understand, no "risk"
         2. Con: relatively expensive to adjust (election = $5K?)
      2. Raise taxes - variable rate
         1. Pro: Board can adjust within authorized limits without
         additional costs
         2. Con: Requires trust that some future Board won't be abusive.
      3. Introduce assessments
         1. Pro: Nearly everyone else uses it
         2. Pro: No cost to changing rate as necessary
         3. Con: No tax savings (anyone want to provide sample figures?)
         4. Con: Much higher administrative overhead (billing, processing,
         applying liens for non-payment, etc.)
      4. Look for a suitable "merger" partner
         1. Pro: Analysis suggests there is savings to be had in the fixed
         administrative costs
         2. Con: The replacement organization would have all of the same
         issues AND might require expensive upgrades to be done first.
         3. Con: Replacement organization would use assessments
         4. Con: Replacement organization candidates are all specifically
         Sanitation or Water and Sanitation Districts. It would be
infeasible for
         them to pay the utility fees for the signage.